Friends of Winslow C of E School
The following people make up the Friends Committee:
- Amy Doherty (Chair)
- Becky Gordon (Vice Chair)
- Samantha Mullan (Secretary)
- Zoe Sutherland (Treasurer)
- Sharn Green
- Danielle Hunt
- Emma Sutton-Hills
- Hannah Geary
- Sarah Carson
- Fran Eggleton
- Louise Boyse
- Sarah Dudley
- Gemma McAndrew
- Joanna Gohil
- Tig Gohil
- Amanda Jenks
- Jose Antonio Rodriguez-Cenizo
- Natalie Prescot
The following teachers make up the Friends Committee:
- Mrs C Colmer (Headteacher)
- Mrs Thomas (Assistant Headteacher)
All other staff are ‘Friends of the school’ and may attend on a rota system to ensure that we have valuable teacher / support staff input through the year.
The Friends of Winslow Church of England School (FOWS) is a group of parents, guardians and carers of pupils attending the school. It also includes both teaching and non-teaching staff at the school, and can also include anyone from the local community who is over the age of 18 who is willing to offer appropriate support or help to the school.
The aim of FOWS is to raise funds for the school to buy additional equipment to further enhance the facilities available to pupils within the school. We organise a variety of events throughout the year to fit around and compliment the busy life of the school and families alike.
During the last year we have run the following fundraisers:
- Cinema afternoons
- Cake sales
- Crazy hair day
- Mothers & Fathers Day Sales
- Christmas cards designed by the children
- Summer fete
- Christmas fayre
Your generous support at these events meant that we managed to raise just over £11,205 in 2019 for the school to spend on enhancing the facilities that all our children benefit from!
The fantastic support we receive from our parent community has allowed us to proudly fund the following projects at the school in recent years:
- Accelerated Reader
- Purple Mash
- 20+ Laptops
- Kitchen Upgrade
- Year 6 leavers’ hoodies
- Maths resources
- Pupils Christmas lunch
- Junior Librarian
- Friendship benches
- A musical woodland in the school grounds
- Outside classroom facilities
- Foundation stage playground equipment
- Interactive whiteboards for classrooms
- 22 iPads to support curriculum based classroom activities
- Wi-fi has been installed throughout the school
- Supporting the library, to ensure it is up to date and has a supply of new books
- Each class receives £100 to spend on extras to enhance and enrich the curriculum
How can you get involved?
We are always looking for volunteers to help out at our events – many hands make light work!
Do you work for an organisation that offers matched funding to support charity work? We would love your pledge of support to help increase funds with the minimum of effort!
Great fund raising ideas
Maybe you have some great ideas on how we can raise funds for the school – we’d love to hear them!
Shop via www.easyfundraising.org.uk
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for our school with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/winslowcesch/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to the school at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and we will be really grateful for your donations.
Purchase personalised Name Labels from Stikins
Order your name labels using our unique code, and Stikins will donate money to our school! Follow the link below to order, and enter the School Fundraising Number ‘25591’ at the checkout.
Offer your skills
Do you have a skill or talent that you think we could utilise to raise funds? Maybe you are a photographer or printer or maybe a keen cake baker or crafter!
Getting in touch…
If you would like to get involved as a volunteer or committee member, offer your skills, or if you have a fundraising idea you’d like to share, kindly offer your matched funding, make a cash donation of any size (just £5 would buy a new book for the library!), or would simply like to find out more about FOWS and the work we do, we would love to hear from you!
You can email us at: email@example.com
Click here to visit us at our Facebook page for news on all our forthcoming events