Friends of Winslow C of E School
Who are Friends of Winslow school (FOWS)?
The Friends of Winslow Church of England School (FOWS) are a group of parents, guardians and carers of pupils attending the school. It also includes both teaching and non-teaching staff at the school, and can also include anyone from the local community who is over the age of 18 who is willing to offer appropriate support or help to the school.
The aim of FOWS is to raise funds for the school to buy additional equipment to further enhance the facilities available to pupils within the school. We organise a variety of events throughout the year to fit around and complement the busy life of the school and families alike.
Who are the Committee Team?
- Sarah Dudley(Vice Chair)
- Samantha Mullan (Secretary)
- Zoe Sutherland (Treasurer)
- Amy Doherty
- Lucy Ord
- Sharn Green
- Danielle Hunt
- Fran Eggleton
- Venetta Smith
- Louise Boyse
- Gemma McAndrew
- Joanna Gohil
- Tig Gohil
- Jose Antonio Rodriguez-Cenizo
The following teachers make up the Friends Committee:
- Mrs S Dimbleby (Headteacher)
- Mrs Thomas (Deputy Headteacher)
All other staff are ‘Friends of the school’ and may attend on a rota system to ensure that we have valuable teacher / support staff input through the year.
What do we do?
FOWS runs in-school and virtual events in order to raise money to support the school. In the past we have run Raffles, Discos, Bake Sales, Cinema Afternoons, Bag2School, Dress Down and Break The Rules days, 5p Challenges, Sponsored Reads, and our always popular Summer and Christmas Fetes. During the last year we have also run many virtual events – including our Scarecrow and Christmas Tree Competitions, and our upcoming Easter Scavenger Hunt!
The fantastic support we receive from our parent community has allowed us to proudly fund the following projects at the school in recent years:
- Accelerated Reader
- Purple Mash
- 20+ Laptops
- Kitchen Upgrade
- Year 6 Leaver’s Hoodies
- Maths Resources
- Junior Librarian
- Foundation Stage Playground Equipment
- Dictionaries for years 4,5 & 6
- Friendship Benches
- Pupils Christmas Lunch
- Musical Woodland
- Interactive Whiteboards
- 22 ipads to support classroom learning
- Library Books
- £100 per class (for in-class enrichment)
- Outdoor Classroom facilities
- School Wi-fi
- New sofa for the library
- New play kitchen for Reception
How can you get involved?
You can now support FOWS and the school by playing the Buckinghamshire Lottery!
Tickets cost just £1 a week
• Win a European city break
• Please help give our fundraising a boost
Every ticket has a 1 in 50 chance of winning a prize every single week! Sign up following the link below, and FOWS will receive 50p from every ticket sale, with another 10p going towards other fantastic local causes.
Uniformerly– Pre loved Uniform
How to buy:
- Simply click the link to see the Uniform that is available to purchase for a small fee via bank transfer.
- We will the leave your purchase with Mrs Knapman in the office for you to collect within 48hours
Thank you for your continued support, every purchase goes towards enriching the children’s school journey.
Shop via www.easyfundraising.org.uk
- Step 1- Sign up to support our school
- Step 2- Download the easyfundraising App or Donation Reminder
- Step 3- Shop as usual online &brands will give our school a donation:
There are no catches or hidden charges and we will be really grateful for your donations.
Personalised Name Labels from Stikins
Order your name labels using our unique code, and Stikins will donate money to our school! Follow the link below to order, and enter the School Fundraising Number ‘25591’ at the checkout.
We are always looking for volunteers to help out at our events – many hands make light work! We have run Cinema Afternoons, School Discos, Bake Sales, Summer and Christmas Fetes. We also need help for our virtual events, and are always looking for great new ideas!
Do you work for an organisation that offers matched funding to support charity work? We would love your pledge of support to help increase funds with the minimum of effort!
Offer your skills
Do you have a skill or talent that you think we could utilise to raise funds? Maybe you are a photographer or printer or maybe a keen cake baker or crafter!
Getting in touch…
If you would like to get involved as a volunteer or committee member, offer your skills, or if you have a fundraising idea you’d like to share, kindly offer your matched funding, make a cash donation of any size (just £5 would buy a new book for the library!), or would simply like to find out more about FOWS and the work we do, we would love to hear from you!
You can email us at: email@example.com
Click here to visit us at our Facebook page for news on all our forthcoming events
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Fridays- from 21st April/ switching to Ice cream Fridays 9th June weather dependant
- Bagstoschool 24th May
- Father’s Day (Someone special) Gift Sale 9th June
- Summer Fete Saturday 24th June (more details to follow)
- School Disco’s 11th/ 13th July