Vacancy for School Business Manager
Starting September 2021
(35 hours per week, 42 weeks per year)
Salary: Bucks Pay Range 6, £30,268 – £33,336 (pro rata)
£26,490 – £29,177 per annum for this post
Winslow Church of England School is a two-form entry primary school, rated “good” by Ofsted, with an on-site Pre-School. We are looking to appoint a School Business Manager to take on the day-to-day management and strategic leadership of school administration and admissions, finance, HR and payroll, health and safety, midday cover and site management. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to ensure that the school makes the best possible use of resources available and provides outstanding facilities for our pupils, staff and families.
We are a larger than average primary school (374 children on roll) with our own Pre-School, which takes children from 3 years old. The school serves the small market town of Winslow and is an integral part of the community. At the heart of everything we do is a desire to make a real difference to our pupils’ lives. We are a dedicated and professional team, determined to allow every child to ‘Let your light shine’, where every skill is valued and all are given the opportunity to succeed. Please visit our website: www.winslow.bucks.sch.uk for further information.
About the Role
The School Business Manager is the school’s leading support staff professional, reporting directly to the head teacher and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team. The post holder provides advice and guidance to the head teacher, senior leaders and the governing body on HR, finance, regulatory and strategic matters. The Business Manager works to ensure that the school meets its financial and educational commitments, and has responsibility for business innovation, financial, capital planning and premises in order that the head teacher and senior leaders can focus on teaching and learning and improving standards.
We can offer you a supportive and experienced team of staff who are committed to providing the best teaching and learning for our pupils, as well as great opportunities for your personal and career development. As an employee of Buckinghamshire Council, you have access to discounts on local travel, health and beauty, and childcare.
The successful candidate will:
- hold a recognised school management qualification (CSBM or DSBM) or equivalent to a minimum NVQ level. Professional HR or finance qualifications would be considered
- have proven financial and management experience, preferably in a school, and be able to demonstrate the ability to collate, analyse and present data to different audiences, as well as to lead and inspire a broad range of staff
- have a knowledge of school administration and finance software (advanced skills in Word and Excel and familiarity with SIMS and FMS would be an advantage)
- be well organised and effective in balancing competing priorities and deadlines
- be skilled in the line management of staff and, ideally, have HR and payroll experience
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to demonstrate the ability to build supportive and trustworthy relationships with staff and governors
- be able to demonstrate significant value for money efficiency and savings
- have the skills and knowledge to source and help provide the best possible provision for children in line with the school vision and ethos and ensure continuous improvement
- have a commitment to improving outcomes for children
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further information
Unfortunately, we are only able to offer a visit outside school hours; if you wish to know more, please contact the head teacher, Cazz Colmer, who can discuss the school and this job: email@example.com You can also look at our website to find out more about the school: www.winslow.bucks.sch.uk Due to Covid restrictions, interviewing may need to be undertaken remotely, via a Zoom or Teams video call.
How to apply
The non-teaching application form and job description can be downloaded from the school website. All applications must be made using the Buckinghamshire Council application form – CVs will not be accepted and references will be taken up prior to interview.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 1st September 2021
Interviews: to be advised
Winslow Church of England School is committed to safeguarding our pupils and staff, in line with Buckinghamshire Council’s Policy on Safeguarding. As such, references will be sought before interview and DBS checks carried out.